Line Supervisor for Packhouse near Tonbridge, Kent.
To manage and control all the activities of a production line with its team off staff to achieve customer product specified quality standards in the most efficient and effective way.
- Manage a packing line with a team effectively to achieve line KPI’s ensuring product integrity, conformance to customer specifications, technical standards and business procedures.
- Actively develop the production operatives on the line ensuring skills are trained and maintained in all of the key operating procedures.
- Carry out product assessments on raw material, during production runs and post packing to ensure quality of finished product is conform customer quality specifications.
- Manage the line production plan with the correct product usage as provided by planning and/or the production manager.
- Ensure job processing through our ERP system is carried out correctly, reflecting correct running hours, product usage, yields and waste.
- Work closely with the QA and compliance team ensuring that standards are managed within the customer and business specifications.
- Ensure strict conformance to all H&S procedures. Actively review the standard operating procedures and suggest and recommend improvements.
- Actively participate as a member of the production team providing input to daily production meetings and ongoing business continuous improvements.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as requested by senior management.
Main internal contacts of the role are:
- Operations manager, Packhouse manager and QC manager on a daily basis to discuss quality issues, performance issues and to direct production activity.
- Planning team on a regular basis to review product usage, quality and job processing issues.
- Quality Control team on a daily basis to highlight any quality /compliance issues.
- Engineering on a daily basis to discuss requirement for maintenance and repairs.
- Label room operator ordering requirements.
Working Hours and Benefits
- Full training will be given in business procedures and operating protocols.
- Standard hours 07:30 – 16:15, two breaks unpaid total of 3/4 hour per day = 8 working hours.
- Adrian Scripps Ltd currently runs a 6 day operation, Monday to Saturday. This role will work on a flexible shift pattern covering 5 out of 6 days across all operational running hours. You might be required to work outside these hours to meet demand of the business.
- Pay Band £9.85 – £10.40 per hour, depending on experience.
- OT after 48 hours paid at 125% of basic.
- Holiday allowance 28 paid days per annum including bank holidays.
- Paid fortnightly.
- Additional days and regular overtime available.
Knowledge and Skills Required
We require prior experience of managing a multi-skilled team on manual processes preferably gained within fresh produce. Exposure to managing of customer fluctuating demands and balancing resources effectively whilst maintaining conformance to specifications is seen as essential.
A good general education is required, and the post holder must be able to understand both written and spoken English in order to communicate effectively and complete the required business procedures.