- To provide a flexible, efficient and effective Quality Assurance service for our business ensuring our products, systems and processes comply will all due diligence and quality standards.
- Review incoming and stored produce against quality specifications, taking samples and performing checks of product whereby recording/reporting the findings and detail on our systems.
- Assess the weights, sizes, colours and defects of produce to ensure that product is within specification. Assess problems which will require further attention and communicate the results to the appropriate individuals in a timely matter.
- Actively develop the production operatives on the line ensuring skills are trained and maintained in accordance with the product specifications.
- Provide advice to the production teams as required, assist with label and packaging checks and carry out product assessments during production runs and post packing to ensure quality of finished product is conform customer specification and standards.
- Feedback finished product integrity and conditions on an ongoing basis to the production team and management in line with the customer specification, providing detailed information as to cases checked and defect levels found as applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of site, staff and systems for audits and visits.
- Completion of compliance checks and internal audits.
- Checking quality and recording of shelf-life samples over a defined period.
- Ensure strict conformance to all H&S procedures. Actively review the standard operating procedures and suggest and recommend improvements.
- Actively participate as a member of the Quality Control team providing input to daily production meetings and ongoing business continuous improvements.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as requested by senior management.
Main internal contacts of the role are:
- Operations manager, Packhouse manager and QC manager on a daily basis to discuss training, quality and compliance issues and concerns.
- Planning and Commercial team on a regular basis to review product status, usage requirements and quality issues.
- Production employees on a daily basis to highlight any training, quality and compliance issues.
- Dispatch when checking and recording quality of products.
Main external contacts of the role are:
- Growers, surveyors, and suppliers as and when required.
Working Hours and Benefits
- Full training will be given in business procedures and operating protocols.
- Standard hours 07:30 – 16:15, two breaks unpaid total of 3/4 hour per day = 8 working hours.
- Adrian Scripps Ltd currently runs a 6 day operation, Monday to Saturday. This role will work on a flexible shift pattern covering 5 out of 6 days across all operational running hours. You might be required to work outside these hours to meet demand of the business.
- Pay Band £9.20 to £9.85 per hour, depending on experience.
- OT after 48 hours paid at 125% of basic.
- Holiday allowance 28 paid days per annum including bank holidays.
- Paid fortnightly.
- Additional days and regular overtime available.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to work flexibly, both independently and as part of a team in order to deliver accurate and thorough QA service at our facility.
- Ability to understand and interpret specifications and use as a basis for routine decision making and action.
- A determined and flexible outlook, able to communicate with confidence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ideally prior experience within a quality related function in fresh produce
- A good general education is required, and the post holder must be able to understand both written and spoken English in order to communicate effectively and write clear and concise reports.